Sales and Marketing Coordinator
Coach House Books is looking for an enthusiastic, imaginative, organized Marketing Coordinator.
We’re looking for someone who is exceptional at building relationships. We’d like you to be our advocate with readers, booksellers, librarians, event organizers, etc. You’ll be charmingly irreverent and engaging on Twitter, you’ll think up innovative events and make them happen seamlessly, you’ll bring cookies to bookstores, and you’ll work with the rest of us to figure out how to sell more books. Most importantly, you’ll make our authors feel cared for and well-supported.
What you’ll do:
- Brainstorm and coordinate marketing efforts
- Maintain excellent relationships with Canadian independent booksellers
- Manage our social media
- Organize events and author tours
- Coordinate with our Canadian and American publicists
- Help produce sales materials
- Award submissions
- Targeted marketing to libraries and academics
- A little bit of everything, too, to help make our very small office run smoothly
What you’ll need:
- An enthusiasm for independent Canadian publishing
- A strong familiarity with the North American publishing landscape
- An interest in and knowledge of the Coach House list
- Terrific organizational skills, including the ability to plan and schedule several projects well into the future
- The ability to communicate amiably and promptly with coworkers, distributors, authors
- A phenomenal attention to detail
- An ability to summon enthusiasm for dull admin tasks
- An ability to work on multiple projects and with constant interruptions
- Excellent spelling and grammar in everyday correspondence
- At least basic design skills – intermediate an asset
This is a full-time position, located in our charming but eccentric, squirrel-infested coach house in downtown Toronto. The pay isn’t great, but what we lack in money we make up for in flexibility and fun, and you’ll learn about every aspect of independent publishing.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter in a single document (PDF, Word, or rich-text format) to email@example.com. We’d love it if you would include a list of your three favourite books. Please consider being adventurous in your cover letter.
Deadline: 5 pm on December 21, 2018